Followers

Saturday, April 01, 2006

...........God is so good! Yes, He is! Last night, thanks to Buck and Laura Olsen, I was invited to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (www.iowafca.com) annual banquet. Not only was the guest speaker incredibly inspirational, but I had the opportunity to see two of my Spencer High School teachers/coaches inducted into the FCA Hall of Fame. I can remember my attendance to FCA gatherings and these two guys were not only spiritually passionate, but they were passionate about including God in athletics! This was my first real introduction with the Lord. It was not until many, many years later that God is starting to work in my life...........Unfortunately, it was I who had my door closed to Him as He had been knocking the whole time. As I have invited Him into my life recently, He has blessed me in so many ways. Last night was just a small glimpse of His love for me. I reintroduced myself to Andy and Mike, but no introductions were needed as they recognized me right away. It has been years, but God brings people into our lives and for great reasons. They saw the passion I had for life right away. I told them about my becoming a doctor and bodybuilder. I told them about my successful athletic career at Wartburg College. Most importantly, I informed them that recently I have been trying to spread the Good News to my patients each and every day. After a few other introductions, I was asked if I would consider being a "Huddle Leader" in my area. There is no doubt that the Lord is speaking to me--I am seriously considering an upcoming participation in mid July after my show in NYC.

Each of us has dreams and passions planted in us from day one. Expose them and let the light of your heart brighten someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment