Followers

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I slept in this morning. Last night I had a massage so I thought I would take a day off from lifting and simply do some cardio. I am not usually excited about massages, but recently my massage therapist has been working to increase the separation in my legs. She says I have a lot of fascial tightness..........as I am sure a lot of athletes have. So that is the story! Training is going well. I am 11 weeks out this weekend.

I have started reading The Celestine Prophecy. So far it has been enlightening. I don't know about you, but I am aware of the mysterious occurances that change one's life--the feeling that some other process is operating. In my opinion, this is God. I can also understand where some people might feel uncomfortable with this analogy. I mean, it does not fit our modern day common sense. Most people would feel more comfortable dismissing the whole idea of coincidences and get back to thinking in practical matters.........that's everyone's tendency.

My favorite part so far in the book is the Fourth Insight. It describes how humans compete for energy. It states that as time goes on, humans would see the universe as comprised of one dynamic energy (spirit, if you will)..........an energy that can sustain us and respond to our every need. At the same time, however, we will also come to realize that for the most part, we have been disconnected from this all-knowing spirit and have found ourselves cut off, weak, and insecure.

In our current time, in the face of this deficit, humans have sought to increase "personal" energy in any manner they can--this is usually by stealing it from others. This is what underlies all human conflict. When we control another human being we receive their energy. We fill up at another's expense.

Most times the person is not aware they are trying to control a situation or person. It is how they were brought up. This person "thinks" he is right to control the situation and no doubt he learned a long time ago that he could successfully control by following this strategy in all he does. So, now, we have this person who first pretends to be your friend, then he finds something wrong with you or what you do. In effect, he subtly undermines your confidence in your own path until you begin to identify with him. As soon as it happens, he has you!

Terrible thought, eh? All of this is unconscious in most people. All they know is that they feel weak but when they control other people, they feel better. How do you fix it? Good question! The main reason that any conflict cannot immediately be settled is that one side is holding on to an irrational position for "energy" purposes! Once humans understand their struggle, they can begin to transcend this conflict. They could break free from "human" energy and get energy from the main source--the all-knowing, all-giving, all-loving! Hold on to this thought. It is coming! Have Faith, have Trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment