Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dr. J is back! I am sure that most everyone has heard the most fabulous news........I won my weight class at the Team Universe this past weekend. I am now qualified for the Worlds in Spain slated in late September.

Since arriving back from NYC, I have finally been able to process all this fun stuff. I am not sure it sunk in when they announced my name. I was carb depleted, dehydrated, and for the most part, pretty weak, but you know what? Hard work and persistance pays off. I cannot thank Dave Palumbo enough for his help throughout my prep. He ranks number one as the most intelligent bodybuilder and nutritionist I have ever met. His girlfriend, Colette Nelson, cannot go unnoticed either. She was my hair and make-up artist..........and "ART" it was! She is all that plus some! I have some pretty special friends in my life. I feel very blessed!

As of today, I am 9 1/2 weeks out from the World stage. I am trying to relax a bit on the diet, but for me, this is a hard task. I did go out for sushi last night and it was the most amazing taste. I loved it!

I have not been back to the gym, but tomorrow sounds like a good day to get back in the groove. I have been off for about a week now. I needed a few days to recover when I got back from NYC, but now I have one goal in mind...............outperform MY best! I cannot wait to train with my workouts partners, Mark and Melissa! Talk about two inspirational people for me--these two are it! Mark has got to be the hardest worker in the gym I have ever met, and Melissa is like a bull on a mission!

I have so many other people to thank...........thankfully, most of them I will see in person and give them all special hugs. Like I said, I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment