Followers

Monday, October 23, 2006

I have been competing for the past 11 years. In that time, I have traveled with, and competed against some of the best athletes in the sport. In addition, I have compiled a long list of do's and don'ts in order to become the best. Amazing at it may seem, there is not a ONE WAY road to becoming a top notch bodybuilder or figure competitor. No single road to the top has ever been formally set in stone. There does, however, appear to be a common goal............lose fat and gain lean muscle mass.
The success of the best athletes has a lot to do with how they think. You have heard me paraphrase Wayne Dyer a number of times so if you forgot, here it is again.............What you think about, you will get, whether you want it or not. If you think that you can never get any better at what you are doing, guess what? You won't ever get any better. And, more importantly, if you think you are already doing everything you possibly can to become your very best, you will never get any better. Get it? Think and you shall receive! If you want to emulate the best athlete in your sport or the best salesman in your firm, you must emulate the way they think. I guarantee they are not thinking they have reached their maximum potential! The battle to become your best is against yourself. The guy or girl on the next bench over or on the East coast, or West coast, does not tell you if your next meal is eaten on time, and he/she is not the one forcing you to eat Happy Joes' Pizza and Cold Stone Ice Cream. His actions are not telling you when to go to bed and when to get up. He or she is not forcing you to skip cardio and go watch TV. Do you see? It is your thoughts that lead to YOUR actions! And if you say to yourself and to others that you don't want to be like the best performer in your field because you simply do not like them and that their way is the Wrong way.........guess what? That is the exact person you want to be like. You just cannot live up to the fact that they have it all together and you don't. You need to quit wishing you had what they have, quit being envious of what they have and positively think that what you want is exactly what you will get. Dig a little deeper, focus a little harder, get a little more intense about what it is you want, and go after it with a sense of victory at hand. Think it, believe it, see it, and you shall have it.
I want to end this post with a huge congratulatory hug to my friends, Jodie Schwartz and Chris Graziano. Chris is a 48 year old masters figure competitor who in a short two years took her physique to center stage this past weekend and won her first overall crown. Jodie, a 40 year old who has not had as much experience in this arena, took 2nd place behind Chris. These two women are examples of what can be accomplished when you act like the little red engine who could, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" I am so proud of my friends and wish them both much success as they pursue their dreams! Check out my gallery page for their pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment