Followers

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hello, and good evening everyone. It has been an exciting day! It is the second day of spring and God lathered us with a snowstorm last night and early this moring. Fortunately, I have my big girl rig and I blasted through it like I would anything else in life.
This brings me to my topic for today..........inspiration for life. As you all remember, I have become an avid reader as of late. I am currently reading a book by Wayne Dyer, entitled Inspiration........Your Ultimate Calling. It was given to me by a friend. A "friend". I almost find it hard to believe that this person and I could ever be friends. I hurt him, he hurt me. However over the past year, we have been connected in such a way that forgiveness has engulfed us. No words have actually been spoken to that extent, but it is a given in our freindship today. We now have something so much more powerful in common--God! Without knowing it, he has inspired me to be a better friend, to live more God-like, and ultimately to live my life more full of inspiration. I have been learning to live life more joyfully, peacefully, and more lovingly. These are the simple keys to life.
As simple as it may sound, living simplistically has it challenges. This is why life is a journey. It is not, however, a journey to get to the end result. We shouldn't treat life like a goal, or a means to an end. We need to live life fully, finding joy in the things we have passion for and uncluttering our lives of the things that give us no inspiration. As Socrates so intuitively stated, "I have lived long enough to learn how much there is I can really do without.....He is nearest to God who needs the fewest things!"

No comments:

Post a Comment