Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hi there Blogger buds! It is a bit on the chilly side today. I woke up at my usual 0430 knowing that my morning walk was going to be burr cold. According to my little friend, Naters, that is on the "burr" side of cold. I think that means "burr" chilly, and sometimes "burr" hot..........indicating that he neither wants it to be too cold, nor too hot. Are you catching my drift?

So, on my walks at the crack of dawn, my pups and I enjoy the natural surroundings of the habitat, because let me tell you, there is nothing up at that hour except finatical fitness enthusiasts and little critters that are scavenging for food. Hopefully, nothing has been eyeing my lil lovebugs because they are sooooooo cute (more to come about them tomorrow).

This is also a time when I try to figure out what I want to do for my workout. I try to visualize the exercises, the weights I am going to use, and just how great I am going to lift those weights! Are you catching my drift? If not, I am using the art of "visualization"! Ah, visualization! In simple terms this is "seeing" what you expect to happen. It can be both positive and negative depending on your outlook on life. I am hoping you all have positive visualization going on at all times!

Not only am I thinking about my workout, but I am also trying to figure out what the heck I am going to eat for the day. Unfortunately, I have a hard time "visualizing" a positive food day. All I think about is how hungry I am going to be if I don't figure this out real quick. This is where food preparation comes into play. Plan ahead, make your meals for the week and package them up. There should be no room for last ditch fast food.

Listen freinds (I took that line from John McCain!), there have been no genetic changes in the human body during the last 100 years, so the factors causing significant improvement in athletic achievement (in everything from running to weightlifting) clearly stem from our better knowledge of nutrition, weight training, and perhaps most importantly, better visualization!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment