Followers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This past weekend I attended the Mr. and Ms. Olympia. Despite the fact that I was sick the entire weekend and the expo was subpar, I came away with a new energy for my workouts. The past few months I have had only moderate intensity, my poundage progression has been non-existent, and my bodybuilding progress has been non-existent as well. The fact that my routines were clearly not working, did not register with me that I needed to make some changes..........not until this past weekend that is. So, instead of continuing my current pattern, I am going to try a new program.

This morning I felt like a kid again. I trained back, and as many of you know, this is my favorite bodypart to train. I went heavy on bb rows, db rows, low pulley rows, and finished with heavy lat pulldowns to the front.

Let me just tell you that training failures can be valuable learning experiences. If you approach your training failures and setbacks with a positive attitude, you can use them to improve your chance of success.

Use your gym time wisely. Train hard and smart. Use exercises suited for you. Strive to add poundage to your lifts. Use a balanced program that includes, not only weights, but also cardio and stretching. Eat like a champ and sleep well. Don't undermine your training by cutting corners or persisting with exercises, routines, or methods that don't help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment