Followers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I don't like the rain. I LOVE the rain. Today, I have felt teased all day. This morning I woke to a light misty rain falling..........just enough to get my truck dirty, but then it simply tapered off and now we have this overcast sky that looks like it could break open at any minute. The breeze is gentle, but the air is thick. It is very humid today.

Do you feel the rain cominig? The air gets cool, the wind picks up, and then "here comes the rain!" Tears from heaven coming from the sky. Do you like the way the rain sounds when it splashes off things, the way it hits the windows at night when you are sleeping, or the way it comes streaming down your gutters? Do you like the smell of rain or how clean and fresh everything becomes because of the rain?

I have always wondered why people don't like the rain. They actually get upset over a few light drops of water tearing from the sky. It's comical, people will hop in the shower and spray themselves in the face with hot or cold water but they won't stand out in a light drizzle. I, on the other hand would pass on the shower and have no problem standing out in the rain. I understand it can seem bothersome at times. When you feel there's so much to do, or you are all dressed up and your hair is dazzling, and then........bam, it rains. That can be a real pisser, but guess what, you won't melt, and you will dry. And just remember, everyone else is probably going to have a bad hair day just like you!

Whether you like the rain or not, it is a necessity. Lots of people depend on the rain.....farmers, gardeners, and those without running water at all. Imagine how they love the rain!

Next time it rains, take a moment to enjoy the sound. It is really very calming. Consider all that grows with those little tears from heaven!

I think I just heard thunder! It is going to rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment