Followers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I was really looking forward to this weekend. My dad was coming to visit Friday and then I was going to watch the Michigan/Ohio State game with one of my best girlfriends who was coming Thursday night from Texas. We have not seen each other for over a year. It has been a long time. Her husband is in Iraq right now, so she has been a little lonely. Late last week she got word that one of her family members was in an accident. Her brother, bobby, is in a CCU in Ft. Worth, Texas after sustaining multiple injuries in a motorcycle accident. I do not know all the details of the accident, but suffice it to say, he is barely hanging on. He has had 3 surgeries already.........one of which is a below the knee amputation on the right. He lost his right eye, he cannot breathe without a ventilator. He has a chest tube, a feeding tube, and multiple drains from his belly due to bowel and liver lacerations.
I am asking that you all pray for my friend's brother. She is strong, but your prayers are needed.
I will pray as well. "Dear God, we do not have to go through this day alone; We do not have to work in our own strength. Today, I am asking if it is in your will to give health to bobby, give the doctors healing hands, and make my friend, Mary, an instrument of your strength. In your name, I ask for these things, Amen."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I will pass this on to Mary and her brother, Bobby. He had another surgery yesterday. They amputated the rest of his leg due to infection. He has another chest tube, but overall, the Lord is watching over him like a strong tower!

    ReplyDelete