Followers

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Day before Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving! It has to be my favorite holiday of the year. I remember going to my uncle's up in Elkhart, Indiana every year. Of course I was pretty young..........they lived out in the woods, and there were lots of bears.............big brown bears that liked to eat little "peanuts" for thanksgiving. Each year my uncle would take my brother, myself, and my two cousins for tractor rides. Uncle Julius would pull us behind the tractor on this makeshift "sled". Oh man, I hung on for dear life. I was not going to be eaten for Thanksgiving! No way! WE were going all of about 5 mph behind the International Harvestor, and I was hanging on for DEAR LIFE! Of course I fell off. No one saw it either. I kept screaming and they got further and further way.....at least a hundred miles if my memory is correct. Ha Ha, I believe it was more like a hundred yards, but I was so scared, I peeeeeed my pants. Then the big dog ripped my leotards. What a traumatic Thanksgiving that was. I almost got eaten by a bear, I wet my pants, and a big red dog ripped my favorite leotards. Man, its amazing I am here to talk about it all! But, over the years, I have had thee most wonderful Thanksgivings! This one will be just as amazing! It will start with a morning workout. I am not even sure what I will do, but, I love the gym on holidays. It is packed...........the warriors show up on holidays!! And, of course, there will be lots of football! yeah!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Your Iron Lady Doc

2 comments:

  1. Hey Malea,

    Just catching up on your bloggings! You've been doing quite a bit!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day and that your weekend is just as wonderful.

    Please update us on how Bobby is doing??

    See you in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my friends suzanne and anthony. Thanks for writing. Anthony, I shall tell you that Thanksgiving is so wonderful for me for the simple fact that God gave us this day to enjoy and be Thankful of all our blessings. God is so good!
    And Suzanne, Bobby is still on his rollercoster. Two days ago, he came out of surgery and Mary thought he was doing great and he was. The lungs were functioning. He was making urine and his output was better than expected. Today, however, his intestines are too fragile and he is scheduled for a cholecystectomy and colostomy in hopes that this will spare his intestines and allow them to heal. My friend, Mary, is still very hopeful. Let's really pray for them tonight!

    ReplyDelete