Followers

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hey there everyone! It has been some time since I posted a comment. I have been dieting for the Team U scheduled in NYC on July 15th. I am ready to go! I have some big shoes to fill as Deb Patton won last year with an amazingly lean/ripped physique. The Team U is all about conditioning so that is my goal this year.

I attended the Jr. nationals in Chicago a couple weeks ago. I am very happy for Tracy Mason as she took the overall. It was a fun weekend for me. I had some pictures taken and I will post them in the gallery section as soon as the CD's are available to me.

Last but certainly not least, I want to talk to you about pride. Ah, Pride! Pride has been considered one man's deadliest sins. It is through pride that the devil got his name. You might think I am exagerating this a bit, but let me show you a few things about pride...........the more pride one has, the more one dislikes pride in others. If you want to know how much pride you have, ask yourself how much you dislike it when others snub you or refuse to take notice of you, or show off. Sound familiar so far? The point here is that each persons pride is in competition with everyone else's pride.

Now, here is the kicker. Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next person. Being rich, good looking, or clever is not enough for the prideful person. What they want is to be richer, better looking, and more clever than anyone else. They take pleasure in being better than the rest.

Pride is spiritual cancer. It eats up the very possibility of love. If you are feeling better than the rest, that you are above all, you can be sure you are being acted on by the devil and not God.

Where did I read this? Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis! Come down off your throne and let go of pride. It will only eat you up. It will make you miserable all the rest of your life. Let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment