Followers

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I learned a valuable lesson last night...................It does not matter! It does not matter if you if you are jew or gentile, circumcised or uncircumscised, slave or free (Colossians 3:11)...........it doesn't matter.

What does this tell you? I hope it tells you that God does not distinguish between color, race, class, financial status, and on and on and on. WE are all God's children and He wants us to love one another instead of judging.

In today's society, we are quick to judge and slow to love. We judge poor and rich, fat and skinny, high class and lower class. Funny, how this came up at the sermon I attended last night just prior to going to some friend's bb show. A bb show is judged! It is judged by too much muscle, not enough muscle, too light, too dark, too tall, not tall enough. It is amazing how wrong we can all be! I hear things all the time backstage or when sitting in the crowd. He or she shouldn't even be up on stage.............they look terrible..............so and so is fat.........I am going to beat him because I look better than him. What is this all about? What about loving one another, and helping one another, and praising one another, and most of all enjoying the gifts of others. If we are all created in the image of God, we are all ONE! Not one of us is any better than the other. If each of us carried with us this attitude, there would not be so much hate and animosity in our world. Instead, if we focused on being the best that God created, we would love ourselves and as a result be able to love one another.

I have a show coming up in July. I will be putting myself in a position to be judged by someone sitting behind a table, with a pencil in hand, with negative thoughts in the mind because in the mind of a judge.............EVERTHING is wrong with you until you prove to them that your wrong is better than someone else's wrong. So true, eh? Well, this time I am going into my show praising God for my blessings and knowing that my biggest champion is God. He has a purpose for me that no one has the right or capability to judge. So, I am keeping my eyes of faith focused forward because I have God's favor as long as I stay in FAITH!

By the way, I had a great time at the show. I went backstage to help my friends but I also praised a lot of others. I really enjoyed spreading praise for their hard work. I could see that the praise I gave them made them feel and think they could do anything they wanted to do. The energy that I exuded was the same energy they took out on that stage. Is that not great or what? Yes it is!

Share some love today.............start with yourself! And, then, let it spread to a friend, your family, your coworkers!

One last note, my birthday party pics are up in the gallery. Look at all the happy faces. There was a whole lotta lovin' goin' on!

1 comment:

  1. See! It also means that a man can look good and not be totally muscle-headed! Hint Hint :)

    ReplyDelete