Followers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some days my blog writes itself. The ideas flow like a river winding through the woods. Some days I love to teach. Other times, I love to get you wrapped up in the story I am telling. Nothing helps me write blogs better than reading other blogs and short stories. There are some seriously exellent writers out there. The stories are so believable. The characters so real.

A good story is written every day. I am referring to "life." Amazing things are happening all around you. You just have to see them....and listen to them. "Like what," you ask?" Well, already this morning my front office staff told my first patient to "get better soon." It's her favorite phrase. It's almost like a recipe to her. "Would you like to pay your copay today?" "Thank you, have a nice day and get better soon." You might think that is so nice of her to say. Unfortunately, he wasn't sick at all. He was here for a simple cholesterol and thyroid check. Oh that poor lady. She means well. I watch her antics every day. It's important to really know your characters in order for the story to seem real to the reader.

Paying attention to the world around you is the first step in developing ideas. When you are at the store, the gym, work, a new resturant, or on a vacation around the world...look around, listen, and make notes. Your story will blossom from there.

One of these days, I hope to have so many ideas piled up to write a book. For now, my blogs are my plants and trees. A plush garden is on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment