Followers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

“If you cannot find time to exercise, surely you will find time for illness!”

Hello, my name is Dr. Malea Jensen. I am known as Dr. J and the Iron Lady Doc.
I am a Family Practice physician in Des Moines, Iowa. I am also NSCA and PROPTA certified, as well as a national level bodybuilder.

As you know, regular physical activity reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death in the United States. For instance, cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer in America with about 950,000 Americans dying of CVD in 2002. This is a staggering statistic and something I would like to help prevent.

The proportion of U.S. adults who are obese grew by nearly 2% between 2005 and 2007, from just under 24% to 25.6%. On a much higher level today is the threat of childhood obesity. Childhood obesity has become so severe that diseases that once affected only adults are now appearing in children. The statistics are alarming, with "overweight" youth consisting of 13.9% of children 2 to 5 years old, 18.8% of children 6 to 11 years old, and 17.4% of adolescents and teenagers 12 to 19 years old.

The key to a lifetime of fitness is consistency. I am challenging each of you to get involved in a program that fits your lifestyle—something fun, something tailored to your fitness level, and something that keeps you coming back again and again!

This is where Dr. J fits into the program. I provide consultations via email regarding nutrition and exercise routines. My services include ongoing information at your request. The first consultation is $100 and subsequent fees are based on my time spent with your questions. I always provide the consultation time and the fee at the end of each email. I prefer to have cash or money orders made payable to Malea Jensen. I do not accept personal checks.

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at ironladydoc@aol.com or at http://www.maleajensen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment