Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You know, thinking back to my childhood, I never once had a journal and now I am journalling and spreading the word of fitness and health to millions. I think that is simply amazing.

Today we got a dumping of snow. Now that I am in my new house, guess what comes with a driveway? SNOW! Dang, I forgot how to do it. Well, my black beauty cruises right over it, but if I don't at least shovel a path, I better forget about guests for a few months! My pups are sure enjoying it. They look like little bunnies hopping over the drifts. It was kinda cute, but they got to shivering so I brought them into the heated garage and gave them a special treat that one of my patients brought today from the famous "Three Dog Bakery." I thought it looked pretty yummy myself! My little chachis have been the light of my life the past few weeks. They are growing up and learning each day..........sometimes it is something real good, and other times, I help them unlearn it real quick like! hee hee!

In case some of you do not know, I am helping with the Lutheran Church of Hope Fitness Retreat this Saturday. I will be speaking about the benefits of exercise and the whole retreat is centered around a "Body Built By God." I have something else real special coming that weekend......my friend, Mary, is coming. As you recall, she lost her brother over the Christmas Holiday in a motorcycle accident. She has been a little down, but she told me she hopes this retreat and her visit with me gives her a renewal for her soul. I just know the Lord will speak through me as I express the fact that our body's are not our own. They were given to us by God to treat as a holy temple to protect our Holy Spirit. How we treat our body, is a direct reflection of how we feel about our glorious God. Every day is a step of faith. Being fit is just one way that helps to supply the energy needed to move closer to the Lord, to witness His Word, and to be vessels of that Word.

I think it is so amazing how my life has changed the past couple years. I remember a time when my working out took precedence over everything...........including my spiritual life. Fortunately for me, the Lord blessed me with a wonderful friend who introduced me to Hope and helped me get started on my journey to know my Father. I will always be so thankful to my friend, Jill. I have learned balance in my life. It includes my mind, body, and soul. And with that, I have met others with my same passion to help our community become more healthy. It has been fun and I truly know that the Lord put me in this position to help others in a loving/Christ-like way. I started with no faith, was blessed with my friend, Jill, and then wow, so much abundance pours out to me in many ways. I have the drive to do the same for others.

We still have space for registrations to the Retreat. Consider a renewal for your soul!

~YOUR Ironladydoc

No comments:

Post a Comment