Followers

Monday, July 27, 2009

In case some of you are wondering if I had an invasion of grubs, the answer is NO, but we seriously need rain! I have the only green lawn in the neighborhood, but the water bill may bankrupt me. The price we pay for some things is ridiculous. But, I gotta have that green lawn.

I was listening to something last night on TV (something I rarely do!) and they were talking about "amusement." Ok, I'm going to be honest, I was watching the Trinity Broadcast Network. You may or may not have ever watched it, but it is very educational to say the least. It gives you something to THINK about. The topic of the night was "Amusement". The definition of amusement or to be amused ("a" Negative/Not/Without, and "muse", to think or consider)literally means, to not think!

Let's face it.........we are a people who love to be amused. We watch TV, rent movies, listen to ipods, text on our blackberrys, google on the internet, play video games, and many others. Simply fill in the blank with your own amusement. Our lives are filled with technology, fantasy games, toys, cars, boats, houses, clothes, shoes, and more and more STUFF!

I'm not saying that we should throw out all our gadgets, toys, computers, etc, but let's be very careful what we are doing. We are in danger of becoming lulled to sleep emotionally, mentally, culturally, and SPIRITUALLY....by our amusements. So, as we immerse ourselves in STUFF and allow our culture to wow our hearts, desires, and our minds, we are losing touch with the very thing that created us......Christ, our spiritual savior.

Give this some "musement" and see if I have not hit on something very eye opening.

--drj

No comments:

Post a Comment